- met a friend for dinner.
- ran out to Royal Oak and (1a) got the Japanese money & the rail pass coupon some other friends'd bought for me and (1b) paid them for same.
- got yet another friend on the phone to find out where she was -- and met her and 2 others at their dinner and my dessert.
- went for a walk through downtown RO with 2 of the above 3.
- went back home with one of these friends, after stopping off for ice cream -- stayed up until ... something like 2 ... talking & drinking and consuming ice cream.
- put on 4 pounds.
- went to bed alone, but woke up with a naked pre-teen geezer's head on my pillow and his (?) hand (?) on my shoulder.
- went to breakfast & split an omelet & a few other things. Yum.
- went home and got some work done.
- went to Tom's house-filk.
- went home and got some more work done.
- went to Sharon's party.
- came home, skied, and fell asleep.
- got some work done.
- went to a class.
- got more work done.
- went out for dinner with the spouse and another friend.
- tried several times to glue the crack in my phone which is rendering the headset unusable.
- took "lunch" and went by the Verizon shop and got a new phone.
- realized just before I'd walked out, after I'd filled out all the paperwork and signed for it a half a dozen times that although the one they sold me (an LG phone) was $20 cheaper than the Motorola they'd said was most compatible with my old one, and they told me it was better in every way (except the antenna is not extensible) -- but customers like it better, it's able to perform as a modem (if I buy the $60/month service), it has all sorts of musical bells and whistles (which I don't want) -- it is missing one thing that the Motorola had: The Motorola is a tri-mode, and this one is Digital Only. (The sales-person says she uses hers all across Canada as well as the states and doesn't drop calls. I guess I'll see. I have 30 days to return it.)