Log in

No account? Create an account
Back to normal 
22nd-May-2007 01:07 pm
Work was *terrible*. Not work so much as the environment. They're (OHSA) testing the air in our room, and a device was not far away from my office going CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK. I put on headphones -- on both ears -- and listened to music. I think I crocheted too much on Sunday -- my entire right hand is sore (and it took a while to uncurl it this morning) -- especially the middle-finger knuckle.

Left work 5-ish, went home, mowed as much of the lawn as I could (about 1/2 hour) before the battery was drained. I made between 2 and 3 circuits. (It's depressing how easy it is to see all the prior mowing circuits I've made. I think this is my 3rd time around on this cutting-attempt and I'm nowhere near done. Once back from Germany (We leave on Wednesday) I am going to take it somewhere for service... or perhaps have someone come out. I am sure the blades need to be sharpened, and I don't know if the battery is shot too, or if the short battery life is due to the blades.) Then I dragged the roly garden-hose thing across too many of my unidentified (but pretty-leafed) plants in the garden, and connected it. Then I squirted off one of the bags I had brought back from storage. It was filled with beads and the like, but the outside was so cruddy with animal, spider, and insect waste that I just didn't want to deal with it. I think I'm going to send it through the washing machine soon, but I needed to get it to where I could handle it.

Took a mini-break to go to the visitation for a co-worker's dad. Then I came home and ate. (I had never been to a Jet's pizza before, but one is up in our neighborhood and I tried that. Got a "Jet's Boat".) Then I took all the soggy items out of the bag that I'd sprayed off, putting them in the dishwasher top rack to dry. When I reached into the soggy bag for one large tube (8 inches long, 1/2 inch across?) of mostly bugle beads, the lid flew off and beads went everywhere. I found them on the floor, in a box that was on the floor, on the door to the dishwasher, inside the puddle within the dishwasher, and still inside the bag. I don't know where I didn't find them.

After I finished skiing, just as I was about to mend the shirt I didn't wear to work today, the spouse gave me a gift -- a map. It was a map of where he'd been, and all of the labels were in Russian. It was fun to go through it and figure out some of the place names. Once he confirmed that the border *there* was indeed the border to China (I had thought it was, but had been unable to find the Russian word for China) the word sprang into focus. (Many inches between each letter, I'd just not noticed it before.) Very cool. Also the label from a beer that he could drink out there.

Got to bed before midnight.

Got up barely before 8am. There was an accident (a car hauler caught fire at my exit to the highway) that I heard about on the radio, so I took non-highway streets in to work. Stopped at the post office, but since I'd gotten mail yesterday morning there was nothing to pick up. Posted a package. Currently at work things are better than yesterday -- the air tester is at the other end of the room, so it only DRIVES ME NUTS if I have to pick something up off of the Xerox. Only the middle finger is sore today. *whew*. Everything is quite silent. I decided (I don't know if it was correctly or not) to not-go to the funeral that is today, but I think everyone else did go.

And tomorrow we leave for a week in Germany (and boy will my pants ever be bankrupt).
22nd-May-2007 07:08 pm (UTC)
Have a wonderful time.
22nd-May-2007 09:42 pm (UTC)
Thank you. Part of me would rather catch up on some of the "me-stuff" I've been neglecting to do "house-stuff", but I guess something good can be said about forced relaxation.
This page was loaded Sep 24th 2018, 6:29 am GMT.